Download Free Templates Websites Templates

Cogeneration plants, he talks more and more. What is it about? Literally "co-create" means to produce energy together. In this case one speaks of thermal energy and electrical energy simultaneously. Thanks to this system, in fact, it is possible to produce both types of energy through a single system, powered by a single source of primary energy, including methane, biodiesel and biomass, to give just a few examples. In this way, almost all the thermal energy is not dispersed into the environment as occurs with traditional systems but it is recovered and reused.

How does it work
Normally in a power plant, only about 35% of the fuel is converted into electricity. The remainder, namely 65%, is not used and made to disperse in the environment in the form of heat, or thermal energy. Why not get it? It is this basic ilprincipio of cogeneration: with only one implant has both the dual energy production, based on the one of the two parties re-use, otherwise wasted. The CHP is carried out in special thermoelectric plants, where you retrieve the hot water or the process steam produced by a first motor powered either (alas) from a fossil fuel (natural gas, fuel oil) from both organic non-fossil fuels (biomasses , biogas, syngas). In this case you get a significant energy savings compared to separate production of electricity and 'thermal energy.

There are several positive aspects related to the cogeneration of heat and power via a single system. The benefits are of three types: environmental, energy and economic. As for the environmental effects of the CHP, the first concerns the reduction of air pollution and reduced dependence on fossil fuels. The energy benefits relate to the unused heat energy recovery, lower fuel consumption and greater energy efficiency. Consequential economic benefits, with the production of energy at lower costs and with the possibility to use incentives if you invest in cogeneration.